Wow. A friend communicated with me regarding owning and milking a cow and he says it’s much harder than even he imagined.
1. Not only does a cow require two milkings a day, but it can take about two whole hours just to milk a cow by hand once a day! Yikes! That’s enough to discourage the entire endeavor right there.
2. People may say they’re committed to jointly buying and milking a cow, but when it comes down to it, a lot of people don’t show up. If the cow lives here, then that means I have to go our and milk her myself.
3. Other people may pitch in and buy the cow together, but if the cow lives here, I’m the one who takes care of any medical issues (like mastitis and colic), and I’ll end up footin’ the bill.
4. It’s expensive to own a cow.
5. It’s extremely difficult to find a healthy, gentle A2 cow.
Nope, I can’t see Pete ever embracing such an endeavor. I have to confess I’m disappointed, but I need to face reality and realize I will probably never be a cattle owner. *sigh*